Peak & Northern Footpaths Society (est.1894)

What you can do

Whenever anyone is confronted with any of the vast array of possible problems and obstructions that occur every day on the footpath network, it is essential to be considerate, but at the same time to be aware of personal safety - especially as some problems are so serious that they are a matter for the police and should be reported immediately.

Fortunately the majority of the problems encountered are no more than an inconvenience and they can be dealt with by talking calmly to the landowner, and possibly reporting the problem to the appropriate highway authority.

Anybody can report a footpath problem and it is quite straightforward to do. If you want to find the contact details for the highway authority appropriate to a particular area then click on: Highway Authorities

If you feel that you really cannot take direct action then you can let us know and we will investigate the problem. Report a problem to usWe are not able to accept problem reports by telephone.

You can also help highway authorities directly by monitoring the state of their paths for them:

Related pages

Highway authorities Most common problems Report a problem to us Inspection Website Inspection Video

Page title:What you can do
If you'd like a reply, please include your contact details.
Your message is being sent.
Your message has been sent. Thank you.
Message sending failed - sorry. As an alternative you might like to try the Contact the webmaster form.